City of Tomball City Council to meet Jan. 7
The Tomball City Council will meet at 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 7 at City Hall.
According to the published agenda, the following new business is scheduled for discussion:
1. Approve a request by Tomball Art League (TAL) for city sponsorship through in-kind services, including a waiver of rental fee and portion of personnel fees for the use of the community center, tables, chairs, and personnel to open and close the building for the TAL Juried Spring and Fall Art Shows from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, March 8 and Friday, Sept. 13 for preregistration of artwork from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 9 and Saturday, Sept. 14 for the Juried Art shows.
2. Approve resolution No. 2013-02, a resolution of the city council of the City of Tomball, Texas, supporting the annual baseball parade, to be held in Tomball on Saturday, March 23.
3. Approve resolution No. 2013-01, a resolution and order of the City Council of the City of Tomball, Texas ordering a regular city officer’s election to be held Saturday, May 11; designating the polling places and appointing election officials for such election; directing the giving of notice of such election; and providing details relating to the holding of such election.
4. Approve resolution No. 2013-03, a resolution of the City of Tomball, Texas adopting a master fee schedule for fiscal year 2012-13
5. Approve resolution No. 2013-04, a resolution of the City Council of the City of Tomball, Texas designating the official newspaper for 2013 for publication of matters pertaining to the City of Tomball.
6. Approve appointment of director by ballot, naming a nominee to serve on the board of directors of the Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District for a term ending Jan. 31, 2017 and authorize the mayor to cast and appointment ballot on behalf of the City of Tomball
7. Review documentation and accept donation of a type VI engine (brush truck) from the Texas A&M Forest Service Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System (TIFMAS) Capacity Building Grant Program.
8. Approve encroachment agreement for Woodforest Boulevard at Tomball Marketplace Shopping Center and authorize the mayor to execute agreement.
9. Executive session: the Tomball City Council will meet in executive session as authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551 of the Government Code Texas Open Meetings Act for the following purpose(s): Sec. 551.072 – deliberations regarding real property.
The meeting will be held at City Hall, 401 Market St, Tomball City.
Members of the council are F.S. “Field” Hudgens, Mark Stoll, Rick Brown, Derek Townsend Sr. and Preston L. Dodson.
For more information, visit www.ci.tomball.tx.us/archives/38/City_Council_Agenda_1-7-2013_Regular.pdf.
Local Advertising by PaperG